Data Controller Identity
- Company Name: Laura Tejerina García
- Trade Name: Mindbookness
- Tax ID No.: 05317814F
- Registered Office: Calle Marcenado 34, 3C, 28002, Madrid
- Activity: Reading club
- Telephone: +34 668 886 706
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domain Name: mindbookness.org
- Processing Records in line with the GDPR: Customers/Suppliers, Mailing lists, and Website Users.
Purpose of the website
The purposes of the Mindbookness website are as follows:
- Make available to the User the services offered for purchase via electronic means, as well as provide information on said services and the Data Controller. Specifically, Mindbookness is an online reading club focused on books for well-being and personal growth, which seeks improvement through shared learning.
- Disclose information related to the Data Controller’s sector of activity.
- Manage the list of subscribers and Users who have signed up to the online web’s blog or newsletter.
This website’s activity is subject to the Spanish and European legal framework, specifically the following standards:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, of 27th April, regulating personal data processing in the countries of the European Union.
- Law 3/2018, of 5th December, on Personal Data Protection and Digital Rights (LOPD and GDD), standards of territorial scope (applicable to Spain), that define and expand on many of the concepts and regulations outlined in the GDPR.
- Law 34/2002, of 11th July, on Information Society Services and E-Commerce (LSSICE), a law that affects websites that, in some way, carry out economic activities through electronic means, as is the case with this website.
- Law 03/2014, of 27th March, General law for the Defense of Consumers and Users (LGDCU), regulating sales terms and contract agreements.
Any person accessing this website assumes the role of User, and they undertake to strictly observe and comply with the terms and conditions established herein, as well as any other legal provisions that may be applicable. Mindbookness will not be liable for any damage – to itself or to third parties – caused by the User making use of this website.
The following behaviors are strictly prohibited by “Mindbookness”. If the User commits any of the acts described in the following points that also constitute a crime, “Mindbookness” reserves the right to bring it to the attention of the authorities if it is found that a crime has been committed:
- Introduce or spread computer viruses or any other systems that may cause damage to the physical or logical systems of the domain owner, its suppliers or third parties. This prohibition also includes the scripts that could be inserted.
- Unauthorised reproduction of the contents of the website.
- Provide content that may violate local, national or international law, including laws relating to the protection of copyrights, trademarks or patents.
- Access (or attempting to access) restricted areas of the platform without meeting the conditions required for such access. As well as revealing data about the operation of the website without the express authorisation of its administrators.
- Avoid (or attempt to avoid) payment systems set up by “Mindbookness”.
- Use the service in such a way that it prevents or hinders the availability of the service to other users or they are negatively affected.
- Intercept e-mails or attempt to do so.
- Send chain messages, junk mail, as well as spams or any other form of unauthorized advertising.
- Incite another user to commit an illegal act, whatever it may be.
- Take advantage of the tools that the website offers for any type of consideration by other Users.
The content of this website, consequently, cannot be considered a substitute for legal advice under any circumstances.
Mindbookness reserves the right to amend any information that may appear on the website, at any time and without prior notice, without being obliged to advise or inform Users of said amendments in advance, and both parties understand that publication on this website constitutes sufficient consent.
This website has been reviewed and tested to ensure it works correctly without interruption. However, Mindbookness cannot rule out the possibility of certain programming errors, lack of timely availability (for example, server crashes, or maintenance thereof) or the occurrence of force majeure, natural disasters, strikes, or similar circumstances that make temporary access to the website impossible. Likewise, Mindbookness cannot guarantee the uninterrupted or error-free operation of this website, nor is it responsible for viruses originating from a telematic transmission infiltrated by third parties and generated to negatively affect a computer system.
Links to third-party websites
Mindbookness may make available to the User links or other elements that allow access to other websites belonging to third parties. We do not market the products and services on these linked pages, nor do we assume any liability for them, the information contained therein, their veracity or legality, or any effects that may arise.
In any case, Mindbookness states that it will proceed to immediately withdraw any content that may contravene national or international legislation, morality or public order, by quickly removing the link to the website in question and bringing any critical cases or questionable content to the attention of the competent authorities. [/]
This website, including but not limited to programming, editing, compilation and other elements necessary for its operation, as well as its designs, logos, text and graphics, are the property of Mindbookness or, where applicable, they are made available to Mindbookness via license or express authorisation of their owners.
Technical property regulations duly protect all the contents of the website registered in the corresponding public registries. In addition, total or partial reproduction and publication of the website are not permitted, nor is its computer processing, distribution, dissemination, modification or transformation, without prior written permission being obtained first.
Mindbookness will ensure compliance with the above terms and conditions, as well as proper use of the contents presented on its website pages. It will exercise all civil and criminal actions that correspond in the event the User breaches these rights.
The designs, logos, text and graphics outside of Mindbookness that may appear on the website belong to their respective owners, who are themselves responsible for any possible controversies that may arise concerning them. In any case, Mindbookness has obtained express and prior authorisation from the owners to use their media content. Mindbookness acknowledges that the content owners possess the corresponding industrial and intellectual property rights, with mere mention or appearance on the website not implying that the Data Controller has rights or responsibilities related to them, nor will they imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by the same.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The relationship between the Data Controller and User is governed by Spanish law, to which both parties expressly submit. English is the language used to draft and interpret this Legal Notice. Mindbookness and the User agree to submit to the courts of the User’s place of residence in order to resolve any disputes or issues related to this website or the activities developed on it.